GOALS & ACTION PLAN FOR 2018
Provide quality programs that support the growing energy industry.
Continue to serve as a public – private intermediary between the energy industry and regional education, training and workforce development providers.
- Provide scholarships through a variety of funding sources for deserving regional students to attend industry-oriented education and training programs.
- Continue to develop relationships with non-traditional education and training resources, such as NASA.
- Continue to pursue traditional and non-traditional funding for educational, informational, and specialized training programs that address regional industry needs.
Expand our board to reflect stronger industry leadership and education / training agency participation.
- Serve as a medium for the discussion of workforce and education / training needs as seen by the energy industry.
- Provide feedback to regional and state agencies on these needs.
- Provide a forum in our annual conference for the policies and plans to address the education, training and workforce development needs of the regional energy industry.
- Continue our strong relationship with the three regional workforce development boards.
- Build relationships with state and regional industry groups, such as the Texas Oil and Gas Association and Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association.
- Expand our relationships with K-12 education, as well as with higher education institutions.